Senior Interactive Developer
Projects include desktop, responsive and mobile ready websites, native applications, cutting edge HTML5 presentations, and interactive installations. This is a senior-level hands-on development position that requires experience in database, front-end, and back-end development as well as a strong knowledge of all things digital.
The Senior Interactive Developer reports directly to Director of Digital Development and works with other developers to architect and execute various digital projects including; data-driven web applications, dynamic databases, CMS-based web sites, and interactive applications for various platforms. For websites, the work consists of primarily front end development (around 70% versus back-end development). The Senior Interactive Developer will also be responsible for assisting in feasibility and risk assessments during project brainstorms.
- Planning development solutions based on project objectives and requirements.
- Programming, updating, and managing databases used in online and offline executions.
- Programming, updating, and managing server-side code.
- Integrating with third-party APIs and existing frameworks.
- Advising on new technologies and methodologies.
- Working closely with other developers to maintain structured code.
- Ability to communication effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects.
- Calm in high pressure situations.
- Professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients.
- Ability to multitask and stay motivated.
- Upholding agency quality standards.
- Maintaining accurate time sheets.
- Maintaining attention to detail.
- 3+ years server-side programming in .NET (C#), and PHP.
- 3+ years database design, administration, and programming in MSSQL and MySQL.
- Experience programming public-facing websites which are not necessary data-driven.
- Experience developing responsible web design sites which are cross-browser compatible.
- Experience installing, configuring, and optimizing IIS and Apache web servers.
- Experience programming responsive and adaptive websites for mobile platforms.
- Experience with SVN, GIT, and/or other version control platforms.
Preferred but not required
- Experience in developing on CMS systems (SiteCore, TeamSite, Drupal, Wordpress).
- Experience in native iOS development (XCode IDE).
- Experience in Android SDK environment (Java, Eclipse).
- Experience in native desktop development (C#, C++).
- Experience integrating with RESTful/SOAP web services, APIs, and structured data (RSS/XML).
- Experience with client-side databases (IndexedDB, WebSQL).
- Experience with non-relational databases (NodeJS, Neo4js).